Friday 3 February 2012

Southampton Story Club

IT IS STORY TELLING WEEK.

Went to Southampton Story Club last night. I am still exhausted...
I do not do late nights. That is anything past 10.00pm.

It was the most amazing evening with exciting tales from around the world, told by local story tellers. Some of these people are professional and others amateur. I can not tell the difference in the telling though. All tales were told with equal enthusiasm and passion.

We meet at The Art House in Southampton's Above Bar street, near the Cenotaph, on the first Thursday of every month.

We are a casual group who try and be organised and sometimes succeed. Entrance is by magic hat. That is, you donate what you can afford.
My husband and I have been attending for years and years. Possibly the longest standing members apart from Mike the legend.
This night was just a little different in that they were being filmed by a local media group. They hope to edit the video and have it on UTube by the end of next week. I will try to post a link.

My husband is one of those story tellers, he is an ameteur, and a very good one! He told a tale about Glam's Ghost. It is part of the Icelandic Sagas.
Tales of Spiders, Chinese sculpters, and the Viking gods were all devoured last night along with chocolate cake...

No comments:

Post a Comment